We’re really proud of our retractable screens – but then you’d probably expect us to say that!
One of the great things about retractable screens from Phantom is they need minimal maintenance. As the screens are retracted when not in use, they stay in their housings during wet and cold months. We recommend cleaning the screens once or twice a season to eliminate any small dust particles in the mesh. You can clean our retractable screens with mild detergent and water and gently wipe them off.
Tips for extending your screen’s life
- Screens should be retracted into their protective storage housing when not in use to preserve and extend the life of the mesh.
- Ensure tracks are kept free of dirt and debris.
- Clean and lubricate the tracks with Phantom’s greaseless silicone spray.
- Clean mesh fabric, housing, tracks and slidebar with water, mild detergent and a soft brush – not with harsh chemicals or a pressure washer.
- Allow mesh to dry before rolling it back up into the housing.
Maintenance tips specific to Executive motorized screens
- If an object prevents the unit from lowering, lift the slidebar up manually and remove the obstacle.
- If the slidebar is not level, use the remote control to lower the mesh until the slidebar is level.
- Interruption of power can affect motorized unit operation. Ensure that power is still getting to the unit by checking circuit breakers
and ground faults for resetting.
- Remote controls have a limited battery life. Replace the battery if the light does not come on when the buttons are pressed.
- Wind load may affect the screen’s operation. Motorized screens should not be operated in winds in excess of 25 mph.
- Cold weather conditions such as snow and ice can affect screen operation. Ensure your screen is fully retracted into the housing to prevent ice build up on mesh or slidebar.
- Although they are very durable, accidents do occasionally happen. The mesh can be replaced and most of the parts can be repaired or replaced. Just give us a call and we’ll make sure the screen is up and running again very quickly.
Need to report a problem with your screens?
Contact us by email through our request form. You can also call us at (503) 699-1600 in order to speak with someone about your issue.